What is Roku Google Assistant?
Google assistant is nothing but the cloud-based voice service from google. On Roku, you can voice search using the google assistant and get the search result for your commands. In this blog, we can share the methods and steps to use the Roku Google assistant.
Credentials that are Required for the Roku Google Assistant
- Roku account
- Google assistant device that supports the Google pixel group, Google home, etc
- Google home mobile app either you can download on the Android or the iOS
Functions of the Google Assistant
- You can control the media playback
- The command for searching the content
- You can also control your Roku TV
How to Use Google Assistant with Roku?
The gist to use the google assistant with Roku
- Create the Roku account
- Install the google home mobile application on the mobile
- Add the Roku device to the mobile using the google home mobile application
- Add your Roku account to the mobile
- Then it is all set to command and use the google assistant to control the Roku
Step 1: Create the Roku account
- Browse to the Roku site to create the Roku account
- Ensure that your Roku device and the mobile are connected to the same wireless network
- On the site, enter the required credentials like the name, mail id, password, and mobile number to create the Roku account
- Once the account is created, you will get the Roku account activation code on the screen
- Then browse to the Roku site on the mobile and enter the activation code to activate the account
- after this process, enter the Roku account using the user name and the password to sign the Roku device
- Finally, after this step, you can activate the channels and enjoy the streaming with the Roku
- Search for the google home mobile application on the play store
- If you get the search result, proceed to download and install it on the mobile device
- Open the home mobile app on the mobile
- Tap the +icon on the application
- Click the set up from the list option
- Enter to have something already set up? Option
- Start to search for then Roku on the magnifying glass
- Once you get the list of the available device, select your Roku from the list
- After the device prompt you to connect enter to Roku account
- Once this process is done, select the Roku device that you wish to add to the list
- Enter the continue option and follow the on-screen instruction that is available on the Google home app
How Can I Control Roku With Google Assistant?
Steps to power on and off the Roku using the google assistant
- Check that you have enabled the fast tv start on the Roku
- Once you enable this you will be able to control the on and off using the google assistant
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
Using which mobile app I can use the Google assistant with Roku?
Install the google home mobile application from the play store
How do I control the on and off on Roku using the google assistant?
Enable the fast tv to start on Roku to on and off using the google assistant
whether it is possible to control Roku using the google assistant?
Yes it is possible to control the Roku using the google assistant