Roku is one of the most powerful streaming devices in the market, and that is because of three main reasons. The affordability of the Roku device, the number of channels available on Roku and the pure ease of setup. Once you have Roku, you will not have multiple wires running behind your TV like a cable or a DVR wire.
Roku will help you actually cut all the cords and go cordless. So, in this piece, we’ll let you know how to stream ESPN on Roku without cable.
Why do I have to watch ESPN on Roku without cable?
Well, if you are an ardent follower of sports, you will have heard of ESPN anyway! Here are a few of the programs that will be available for you to watch when you activate ESPN with the Roku code.
- Pardon the Interruption
- First Take
- 30 for 30
- Highly Questionable
- Around the Horn
- ESPN Sports Saturday
- Mike & Mike
These are only a few programs. There are a lot more programs, and more importantly all the live sports action. So, follow these steps to download, install and activate ESPN on Roku.
Searching for ESPN on Roku
Roku, though has hundred and thousands of channels to stream from, their categorized channel store and hyper-effective search lets you locate any channel with ease. To locate ESPN without using the search, you can go to Roku application store and click on the sports category.
In the sports category, ESPN would be one of the top most channels. You can locate the channel that way, or follow the steps below to locate and download the channel.
- Go to the Roku channel search bar.
- After you click on Roku search, enter the keywords for which you’d like Roku to search for.
- In this case, you can either key in the channel name,e., ESPN or enter the names of one of the programs telecasted on ESPN sports.
- After you enter the keyword and hit enter, Roku will return with the search result.
- From the search result, please select the channel you want to download and highlight the
- After the channel is highlighted, click on the contextual menu on the sides and click on the download.
- After the channel is downloaded, wait for the channel to install itself.
- The channel might even need some time to update its software, so give it time.
- Go to your channel list, and check if you have ESPN sports in there.
- After you make sure that the channel is there, please restart the device. Now you will have to activate the channel and you’ll be able to stream ESPN on Roku without cable.
Activate the channel
After the channel is installed, restart the Roku device. Now open ESPN on Roku without cable and simultaneously, open a browser tab and surf for Roku.com/activate on your computer.
When you open the ESPN channel for the first time, you will have an activation code displayed on the TV screen. Please make sure to make note of the activation code. Now, enter the same on the separate browser window. After you enter that, Roku will activate your channel purchase and let you stream the channel anywhere, any time! Just make sure to login to your Roku account and start streaming ESPN on Roku without cable.
This is one of the ways Roku ensures that there aren’t any unauthorized purchases on Roku. If you have any questions about Roku installation, activation or channel search, please let us know. We will also help you install ESPN on any of the devices, and walk you through the activation of the channel. Visit Go.roku.com/rss. Our toll-free number is +1-805-457-0700 and we are open 24*7!